Organizujesz wydarzenia związane z państwami regionu Morza Bałtyckiego? Zgłoś do kalendarza wydarzeń Przeglądu Bałtyckiego: email@example.com!
- To wydarzenie minęło.
NATO Eastern Flank Security. Baltic States and Poland
28 listopada 2019 godz. 09:00-13:30 CET
The objective of this event is a debate with the representatives of the expert community about the strategic relations between Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland in defence and energy aspects.
The conference will be attended by renowned speakers from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and the United States. The event is dedicated for diplomatic corps, scholars, and experts, representatives of public administration, NGOs and media.
The working language of the conference is English.
Participation only by invitation or acceptance of prior registration.
Session 1: Defence
1. Baltic Air Policing – 15 years of safe air space.
2. The end of the INF Treaty – U.S.-Russian outdated pact.
3. NATO Battalion Groups On The Eastern Flank – a new defence paradigm?
4. Suwalki region – gap or corridor?
5. NATO B9 format – the first line of the Alliance.
6. Regional cooperation in the defense industry – a response to common threats?
• Otto Tabuns, Director, Baltic Security Foundation, Latvia [CON] • HE Ovidiu Dranga, Ambassador of Romania to Poland, Romania [CON] • Linas Kojala, Director, Eastern Europe Studies Centre, Lithuania [CON] • Sven Sakkov, International Centre for Defence and Security, Estonia [CON] Moderated by Paweł Pawłowski, Expert,Warsaw Institute, Poland [CON]
Session 2: Energy
1. Synchronization of electric power grids – shift from East to West.
2. Gas interconnectors and American LNG – a chance for energy independence?
3. Nuclear power plant in Belarus – should we be afraid?
4. Nord Stream 2 – the gas pipeline that divided Europe.
5. Refinery in Mazeikiu – strengthening the energy security of the region.
6. New energy infrastructure – a guarantee of security of raw materials supply.
• Mantas Macikas, President, Memel Institute, Lithuania [CON] • Olevs Nikers, President, Baltic Security Foundation, Latvia [CON] • Sandis Šrāders, Faculty Member, Baltic Defence College, Latvia [CON] • Ray Wojcik, Director, CEPA Warsaw Office, USA [CON
Moderated by Wojciech Jakóbik Editor-in-chief, BiznesAlert.pl, Poland [CON]